Last Updated: December 2023
2. What are cookies?
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookie modules and similar technologies through which information can be automatically collected. An “Internet Cookie” (also known as a “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, that will be stored on the computer, mobile device, or other equipment of a user through which the internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed by a request issued by a web server to a browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Once installed, cookies have a predetermined lifespan, remaining “passive” in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses, or spyware and will not access information on the user’s hard drive on whose equipment they were installed.
A cookie consists of two parts:
– The name of the cookie; and
– The content or value of the cookie.
Technically, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the internet page associated with that web server.
3. For what purposes are cookies used on this website:
Cookies are used to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each user, namely:
- Improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur during its visit/use by users;
- Providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used to DORELA IEPAN, as the owner of this website;
- Anticipating any goods that will be made available to users through this website in the future, depending on the services/products accessed.
Based on the feedback transmitted through cookies regarding the use of this website, DORELA IEPAN may take measures to make this website more efficient and accessible to users.
- The language in which a webpage is displayed;
- The currency in which certain prices or fees are expressed;
- Facilitating access to user accounts;
- Posting comments on the site.
4. What is the lifespan of cookies?
The lifespan of cookies can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which they are placed. There are the following categories of cookies that also determine their lifespan:
- Session Cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes their browser.
- Persistent or Fixed Cookies – A “persistent” or “fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored on the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which can be in a few minutes, days, or several years in the future) or until it is deleted by the user at any time through the browser settings.
5. What are third-party cookies?
Certain sections of content on the website may be provided by third parties, i.e., not by DORELA IEPAN, in which case these cookies are called third-party cookies.
These cookies may come from the following third parties: Google Analytics, Facebook, Paypal, Stripe.
6. What cookies are used on this website:
By using/visiting the website, the following cookies may be placed:
a. Performance cookies of the website;
b. User analysis cookies;
c. Geotargeting cookies;
d. Registration cookies;
e. Advertising cookies;
a. Performance cookies
These cookies store the preferences of the user of this website so that resetting preferences on subsequent visits to the website is no longer necessary.
b. User analysis cookies
These cookies inform us if a certain user of the website has visited/used this website before. These cookies are used only for statistical purposes.
c. Geotargeting cookies
These cookies are used by software that determines the country of origin of the user of the website. The same ads will be received regardless of the selected language.
d. Registration cookies
When you register on this site, cookies are generated that store this process. Servers use these cookies to show us the account with which you are registered. Also, the use of these cookies allows us to associate any comments posted on the website with the username of the account used. If the “keep me logged in” option has not been selected, these cookies will be automatically deleted when the browsing session ends.
e. Advertising cookies
These cookies allow us to learn about a user’s online ad viewing, its type, and the time elapsed since viewing that advertising message. As such, such cookies are used for online advertising targeting. These cookies are anonymous, storing information about the content viewed, but not about users.
7. What type of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows the browser to be recognized. This website recognizes the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
8. Customizing browser settings regarding cookies
If the computer or technical equipment used for browsing this website is used by multiple people, consider setting individual browsing data to be deleted each time the browser is closed.
9. How can cookies be stopped?
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies can make this website difficult to visit, leading to limitations on its use.
Users can configure their browser to reject cookies or accept cookies from a specific website.
All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings can be accessed, as a rule, in the “options” or “preferences” section of your browser.
However, refusing or disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising – it just means that it will not be tailored to your preferences and interests, as highlighted by browsing behavior.
To understand these settings, the following links can be helpful:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari